Friday, October 10, 2008

Panic Selling

FTSE has gap down and major Asian indices crashed badly. FTSE looks like will try to close the gap.
I would like to see the ES gaping down finally to signal the end. The general thought is that an opening gaping down an reversal intraday could be the final bottom of this downtrend (it is more like a dead cat falling than a downtrend).
Tomorrow Bush will be speaking at 10:30 and it is also expected an emergency plan from the Fed pretty soon and it could be the trigger for a significant bounce in the markets.
This week unfortunately I couldn't trade too much except by Monday the whole day. I am +159 ES for the week with 1 contract (a couple of times I tried scale in, scale out). Which by far it is the best week since I started simming. I think the week has been very easy for day traders. I think it has been a very good experience in general and I feel closer to my target of being consistent.
I will look in the charts how high will go the bounce in the short term.

No comments: